RIVERSIDE --- California Baptist University Head Coach Gary Adcock has announced the signing of 12 new recruits set to join the program for the 2014 season.
Loaded with top local and regional talent, the incoming recruiting class boasts 10 incoming freshmen and a pair of transfers.
“We are extremely excited to add these quality young men to our program,” said Adcock, who enters his 11th season at the helm for CBU. “We have been able to address some of the areas we needed to fill after the graduation of last year’s senior class and the professional signings of some of our top players. The coaching staff has worked tirelessly to put together one of the top recruiting classes in the country at the Division II level. They are all impact players who will play an important role in maintaining the level of excellence set before them by current and former Lancers. We look forward to helping them develop in their Christian walk, academic endeavors, and pursuit of athletic achievement.”
The new Lancers join a CBU squad that went 43-18 last season, winning its second straight PacWest title and second straight National Christian College Athletic Association Championship. The Lancers are now eligible for NCAA postseason competition after being granted full membership into the organization this summer.
Tyson Miller – RHP – Shadow Hills HS – La Quinta, Calif.
- Division 5 All-CIF first team as senior
- Senior year compiled a 0.19 ERA, 15th in the country, second in California in high school baseball
- Also went 6-0 with 69 strikeouts in 43 innings as a senior
- Led team to 19-7 (14-1) record and De Anza League Championship senior year
- All-De Anza League first team as senior
- As a junior went 6-1 in 10 appearances, with a 1.24 ERA, one complete game and 59 strikeouts in 45 innings pitched
- Desert Challenge Tournament first team
- Member of the Tampa Bay Rays Scout Ball team
- Southern California Scout Ball All-Star
- Participated in 2013 Connie Mack World Series as member of So Cal Renegades
Stephen Lohr – INF – Cypress HS – Buena Park, Calif.
- Helped lead team to CIF Division 2 Championship beating Temecula Valley at Dodger Stadium his senior season
- Three-year varsity letterman for coach Jon Weber
- All-CIF second team as senior
- Two-time All-Empire League first team selection
- Hit .380 as a senior, with eight doubles, 3 home runs and 25 RBI
- Team Offensive Player of the Year in 2013
- Hit .373, with two homers and 21 RBI as a junior
- Played in Team USA Identification Series in Cary, N.C.
- All-tournament team for National Classic Tournament hosted by El Dorado HS
Dylan Stowell – RHP – Capistrano Valley HS – Mission Viejo, Calif.
- Two-year Varsity letterman for Coach Bob Zamora
- All-South Coast League second team as a Senior
- Had a 4.02 ERA, with 40 IP, 27 strikeouts, going 3-0 in 12 appearances and 3 starts
- South Coast All-Star as a senior
- Principal’s Honor Roll and Superintendent’s Honor Roll all four years
- Played on Seattle Mariners Scout Team (2012-2013)
Trevor Oaks – RHP – Woodcrest Christian HS (Biola) – Riverside, Calif.
- 2011 graduate of Woodcrest Christian HS
- Went 9-0 with a 0.46 ERA and 104 strikeouts in 60.1 innings pitched at Woodcrest as a senior
- All-Ambassador League first team senior year
- Division 5 All-CIF first team as a senior
- Went 4-8 with 14 starts and 96 strikeouts in 95.2 innings pitched for Biola in 2013
Zack Norris – OF – King HS – Riverside, Calif.
- As a senior year hit .440 with seven doubles, three triples, two homers, and 10 RBI
- All-Big VIII League first team
- Redlands Baseball Invitational All-Tournament selection
- All-County second team
- Team Offensive Player of the Year
- Riverside County All-Star
Garrison Cole – OF – Xavier Prep – Palm Desert, Calif.
- Played two varsity seasons at Xavier Prep (Palm Desert), graduating in 2013
- As a senior was named Riverside County All-Star
- Helped lead Xavier Prep to first ever CIF Playoff appearance as captain of the team
- As a Senior, led the Desert Valley league in batting average (.514), home runs (three), slugging (.838), and on-base percentage (.558)
- All-League first team as a junior and senior
- Named team MVP as a senior
- As a junior was second in the Desert Valley League in hitting .426 (tied with current Lancer Antonio Chavarria)
- All-Desert Valley League first team as a junior
- Was Top 5 in batting average, fielding percentage, slugging percentage and Top 10 in home runs, on-base percentage with no errors defensively as a junior
Jake Arledge – OF – Marina HS – Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Was inducted into the Larry Doyle Hall of Fame for Marina HS in 2013
- Team captain in 2013
- All-Sunset League first team as junior
- Hit .392 with eight doubles, one home run, and nine stolen bases junior year
- All-Sunset League second team as a senior
- Hit .303 with seven doubles, one homer, and eight stolen bases and had an on-base percentage of .425 with 12 HBP’s and nine walks
- Sunset League All-star as senior
- Division 1 CIF Finalist as a senior
- All-Sierra League first team as a senior
- Inland Valley Region Honorable Mention senior year
- Hit .378 with 28 hits, six doubles, 18 RBI, seven stolen bases, and 16 runs
- Two-time Strongest Player Award winner
- Three-time Mr. Husky Award winner for being a great representation of the program
- All-Sierra League second team as a junior
Tyler DeTrinidad – INF – Santiago HS (Chaffey/Southern Nazerene) – Corona, Calif.
- Spent two seasons at Chaffey before transferring to Southern Nazarene
- Hit .298 with four doubles, four triples, and four stolen bases at Southern Nazarene in 2012
- Red-shirted last season
Shane Fleming – C – Chaparral HS – Temecula, Calif.
- Three year varsity letterman for Coach Larry Wells
- Helped lead team to 2013 Chino Tournament Championship and Cory Lidle Tournament Championship
- Had an on-base percentage of .366, five doubles, one home run and a fielding percentage of 1.000
DJ Hernandez – INF/OF – La Quinta HS – La Quinta, Calif.
- As a senior hit .281 with seven doubles, one triple, and one home run
- Drove in 16 runs on a team that finished second in the Desert Valley League
Brad Rinehart – INF – Orange Lutheran HS – Anaheim, Calif.
- As a junior played on a team that won the Trinity League and was ranked No. 1 in the nation at one point
- Hit .340 as a senior with 10 RBI, a slugging percentage of .447, and an on base percentage of .426
- Helped lead team to the Hard 9 National Classic in which he was named to the All-Tournament team